I would go from 100℅ to 80% in 20 minutes after unplugging my phone.
To solve this problem you simply need to clear your cache.
- Hold down the power button and the volume up key together until your phone restarts and shows an Android.
- Now you’re in the boot menu. Use the volume down button to find “recovery.” Tap the power button to select recovery.
- Navigate with Volume Down to the Wipe Cache Partition option.Press Power to select.
- Use Volume Down to highlight the Yes option. Press Power to select.
- Press Power to reboot your Nexus.
Wiping the cache on your Android device will not only solve battery drain issues but will cure other many bugs or lags in your phone. It speeds everything up and your phone will feel new again.
I have seen significant improvements in my phone’s battery life over the past week since I did this. My phone is not back to it’s former glory 100% but it holds the charge much better now. My battery life is more than double what is first was after the update to Android 7.1.1